Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2019

filtering water

Aim: To make a filtration plant using household materials.



What is filtration?


Filtration is separating solids from liquids by adding a medium through which only the liquid can pass. 

Examples are:

  1.  teabag
  2.  coffee plunger/filter
  3. swimming pool
  4.  kidney

Materials

1.bottle
2.cup
3.sand
4.duty water
5.pebols 
6.filter paper
7.scissors
8.funler
9.coffee filter


Process - ( use verbs or doing words in each step )


Step 1

Cut the bottle in half

Step 2

Put the top half upside down in the bottle

STEP 3

Add layers of  filter paper then add you sand/pebbles

STEP 4

Get 1 cup of dirty water.
STEP 5
Pour dirty water into upside down bottle

Measurements
when my group did the  filter   we had to what for a long time but the water did not come out clean so next time I think the we should pat the sad down In my group Shane  Felicity and me. 

Warning

Make sure that an adult cuts the bottle in half. This water filter is just an experiment and should not be used for drinking water.
Avoid using charcoal briquets, as these can contain chemicals you don't want in your water. Use the activated carbon for water purifiers instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.