Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Cultural kete-Whakanuia Ngā Ahurea

 Hello to whoever reads this. 

Today I am going to be talking about what I have done in my class with Felicity. We were working on making a big poppy. we looked at this for over a week. Before I did the poppy I was going to make tui and it would have been standing on a box of facts. But then Felicity and I wanted to work together so we made the poppy. The way we made the poppy was we got a big roll of paper and we cut it into the shape of a poppy then we paint it the colors of a poppy. Then for the last part, we put facts about the poppy and ANZAC day, and then we painted them in blue and white to show the colors of the New Zealand flag and Australia flag. Somethings that I learned was that there was an RSA thing on for ANZAC what that stands for is Returned and Services Association. What that means is one of the largest voluntary welfare organizations in New Zealand and one of the oldest ex-service organizations in the world. that .all I really learned about it because  I already knew a lot about it. I hope you liked this blog post and if I got something wrong could you please tell me thank you.

here is my poppy 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.